Sunday, May 22, 2011

Teamwork

Before starting this job, I knew some about the inner workings of a theater, but coming here, it boggles my mind.  I am in awe of everyone who works here.  Each and every person has a specific job and they do it well.  I was talking to one of the wardrobe people at a grill out the other night, and she was like, "I could never do what you actors do" and I was like, "I could never do what you guys do!"  

I'm learning more and more about the behind the stage magic and it fascinates me.  Thankfully, I didn't drop a light or fall through the ceiling tonight at the changeover.  Instead, I learned the lingo of the electricians and got really brave carrying heavy lights on ladders.  

So many jobs contributing to one thing, creating art.  So many jobs contributing to one goal, putting on a great show.  So many jobs contributing to serving and entertaining and reaching an audience.  How cool is that?




No comments:

Post a Comment